As a 3-year-old, I published my first newspaper, the "Roll News", on my mother's typewriter. At 15, I picked up a camera and started shooting for my high school and local newspapers. Today, I'm a photojournalist based in Portland, Oregon.
Photography has been a way for me to experience the world up-close, to be a part of big moments and little moments of great significance. Each story I've worked, every place I've been, has brought me face-to-face with some new facet of our shared humanity, and I aim to spotlight that humanity in my images.
I'm also a baseball and soccer fan, musician, runner and cyclist. I drink way too much coffee.
The story I'm most excited about is my next one. I'm available for assignment worldwide.
National Press Photographers Association Monthly Clip Contest
- Third place, Sports Action (Northwest Region), March 2018
National Newspaper Association Better Newspaper Contest
- First place, Best Breaking News Photo, 2018
- First place, Best Photo Essay, 2018
- Second place, Best Sports Photo, 2018
- Third place, Best Feature Photo, 2018
- Second place, Best Sports Photo, 2017
Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association Better Newspaper Contest
- Second place, Best News Photo, 2018
- Second place, Best Feature Photo, 2018
- First place, Best Sports Photo, 2018
- First place, Best News Photo, 2017
- First place, Best Feature Photo, 2016
- Second place, Best Sports Photo, 2014